A short post to share some of the changes that I’ve made to my site… in case you missed it – ICYMI, get it?
Don’t worry, I didn’t know what ICYMI stood for when I saw it the first time either :-)
While this post’s shares aren’t direct changes to this site, they are changes to many of the places that feed content automatically to this site. And that’s worth sharing too!
New Storify Stories
I was fortunate enough to attend the Project Zero Perspectives conference held in Pittsburg, PA in May of 2017. I captured some of the tweets and ‘grams that attendees put together to help document the learning that took place then. You can find them on my Storify page under the titles Day 1 Twitter Recap of Project Zero Pittsburg 2017 #PZPGH and Day 2 Twitter Recap of Project Zero Pittsburg 2017 #PZPGH.
Latest Flickr Albums
I’ve begun to rename many of the albums on my Flickr account to align with the language my school is using in our latest strategic plan: MVx. It’s has incredibly inspiring writing in it, and once it is published online I will link to it. New categories leads that I am using are:
- “Varying My Routes” will be my photo-based observation journal for visits that I take to other places of learning, such as schools or innovative businesses centers
- “Wander & Wonder” will be for my non-academic photo-based observation journal that captures some of the amazing sights I’m blessed enough to visit on my adventures both near and far
- “Learner” will capture images from the professional learning sessions and workshops I attend
- “My Workshops” which isn’t in MVx, and is a category I’ve already been using, will continue to be for images from the workshops that I facilitate or co-facilitate
Not every album will get these category names, nor have I gone back and renamed every album, but you’ll get the idea as I go forward :-)
Here are my latest ones:
- Varying My Routes – Quaker Valley Middle School – May 2017: Images from the various learning spaces at the Quaker Valley Middle School in Sewickley, PA. My visit to this place of learning was associated with the Project Zero Perspectives conference in Pittsburg, PA – May 2017
- Wander & Wonder – Carnegie Museums: Photos from some of my free time at the Project Zero Perspectives conference in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania – May 2017
- Wander & Wonder – University of Pittsburg Campus: Photos from some of my free time at the Project Zero Perspectives conference in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania – May 2017
- Varying My Routes – Cathedral of Learning – May 2017: Images from the various learning spaces at the Cathedral of Learning on the University of Pittsburg campus. My visit to this place of learning was associated with the Project Zero Perspectives conference – May 2017
- World Maker Faire 2016: Images from 2016’s Greatest Show and Tell on Earth.
- Workshop – FlashLab at Experiential Education Exchange – April 2017: Images from a FlashLab experience co-facilitated by James Campbell and myself, at the Experiential Education Exchange.
- Varying My Routes – The Raintree School – April 2017: Images from the various learning spaces at the Raintree School, a Reggio Emilia inspired forest school in St. Louis, Missouri.
I also learned how to make Flickr collections to help further catalog the images on the site. Pretty handy, if I do say so myself.
Hopefully there will be more to come in the very near future. Thanks for reading!
Images in this post, but not shown in the Image Credits section, are my own.